Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Effective Study Methods....



Effective Study Methods
Part 1
My test study method: When it comes time to study for the test, I usually start 2-3 days before the test. I go through my notes and make flashcards on what I important for those sections, paying special attention to what the teacher said would be on the test if there was a review session. Also, I go through the book and read the inset stories and add to my flashcards. If there are practice problems or online assignments or old tests, I use those to help me study for the test as well. Once the test is over, I keep the flashcards so that I have them for the next test or for the final. Flashcards are a marvelous learning tool. The key to remembering something is to repeat it numerous times-spaced rehearsal. If you forgot something, it is because you haven’t repeated it enough times for an extended period of time. Repetition is a law of learning; therefore to learn and remember, to recall, it is mandatory that you repeat over and over the things you desire to learn and remember. You may be thinking, “oh no, repeating something.” You need to get used to it. For example, the more you practice a song on the piano, the better you become at playing that song. Learning and remembering is like playing the piano the more you practice saying or doing it the better you can remember it. Look now at what you remember. You remember it because you have repeated it numerous times since first being exposed to it. So, practice rehearsing those things you desire to remember, and they will stick with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment